Saturday, July 30, 2016

Chia Seed Energy Bites!

hello everybody!
Recently, I've been on the go a lot more, especially in my morning, or at least what's considered my morning since I'm a late sleeper :) But with a busy day ahead, a good breakfast or at least a kickstarter snack is vital so I've mixed and matched recipes and given it my own little twist to create these yummy chia seed energy bites.


I made a regular and, of course, a chocolate version. 
What you need:
  • 1/2 cup of nuts (I used almonds and hazlenuts)
  • 1 cup of mejool dates, pitted
  • 1/4 tsp of salt
  • Either 3/4 tsp of vanilla extract or cocoa powder (unsweetened)
  • 2-3 tbsp of chia seeds
  • extra cocoa powder


                                                                                                                                                 grab your 1/2 cup of nuts with your salt and plop them into a food processor. 
Chop them up roughly, but be sure not to turn them into a powder, so I suggest pulsing


Pit your dates chop them into quarters.








Place the cup of dates along with the vanilla extract or cocoa powder in the processor and pulse. 

 
                                                                                           Everything should start to form together almost like a dough. When the dough forms, plop it all on your counter and start forming balls approximately 1 tbsp at a time.

With all your energy bites, roll them around in the chia seed. If you opted for the chocolate ones, I mixed chia seeds and some extra cocoa powder together for the outside dusting. I really like how the sweetness of the dates pairs well with the unsweetened cocoa powder and provide a sweet, but healthy alternative to sugar. I hope you all enjoy these delicious, tiny treats.



No comments:

Post a Comment