Monday, September 7, 2015

Back and Piping Hot!

hello everybody!

Though I wish I can post more often, with the end of September fast approaching I seem to have less and less time. But then again, my personal rule is to only post when I have something to post, and man oh man do I have a post for you guys! 

As Summer starts to fade it's bright colors and flavor to the warm rays of Fall, I thought it would only be appropriate to merge the two seasons in the 'tween time. 

Individual Peach Crumble


I started with two peaches I had leftover....well actually one was a white peach, the other was a nectarine (haha oops!). I cleaned these two up - since I'll be keeping the skins on for them to hold its shape - then I cut them in half and using a spoon, tried to scoop as much inside pit as possible. 


The crumble was fairly simple because I had a limited resource pool of ingredients. 
For 4 peach halves you'll need:
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats                                  
 (I got mine from a pack of oatmeal and sifted out the added flavorings)
- 1/4 cup of flour (preferably whole wheat)
- 1/8 cup of raw sugar                                   
-1/4 teaspoon (pinch) of cinnamon              
- slight pinch of nutmeg or all-spice (opt.) 
- sprinkle of salt                                            
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp of melted butter                  
- 2 tsp of maple syrup or honey                   


mmm...looks so good, I love a peach crumble. :p- - 


1) Now that you have your peach halves, put them on a baking pan with a baking sheet
2) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees                                                                                 
3) In a bowl, mix together all of the crumble ingredients and mix it really well             
4) Scoop about 2 tbsp or enough for the size of your palm and mound it into the peach
5) Sprinkle a bit of sugar on top of each peach (raw or even brown sugar would work)
6) Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until golden brown and enjoy!                                           


The peach top will come out looking a bit dry, but once you open it, the juices flows out and is heavenly. You could have it with some ice cream or greek yogurt (as recommended by Cookie + Kate). I, however, just ate it straight up and I can honestly say it is delicious!
 The nectarine has a sharper taste (which I personally prefer), but the white peach has that classic cobbler taste (and it had that perfect crunch!)


I would love to thank Cookie + Kate's "peach crisp" recipe that I slightly adapted to fit my college life mode :] . This recipe is sooo perfect to conclude the Summer harvest season in a warm way to embrace the future Fall. I hope to have many more posts for my favorite Autumnal season!

~ revel in the deliciousness of the seasons, my loves ~


No comments:

Post a Comment